Heats up during charge after root

Last Updated:

1. jhug

jhug Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All:

I rooted my phone and installed the EvilEris 3.0 ROM.
    Running SetCPU with these settings:
    Main Profile: 710 / 528...Scaling On Demand
    Charging AC/Full: 480 / 122 (75 Priority)...Scaling On Demand
    Screen Off: 480 / 245 (50 Priority)...Scaling On Demand
    Temp > 43.9: 480 / 245 (50 Priority)...Scaling On Demand

When I charge the phone with the AC Adaptor...it's gets unbelievable HOT.
    Seems to do the same when I charge it via USB.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any ideas on how to cool it off?

Thanks
    JF

Advertisement
  2. incrediblenotinstock

incrediblenotinstock Well-Known Member

whenever my eris gets really hot i just unplug it for a couple minutes and it seems to cool down, but it usually doesnt overheat unless im doing something while charging it like wifi tethering

3. Android noob

Android noob Well-Known Member

Whenever I charge my Eris I have a profile for it in SetCPU I have it set to 528Mz Max and 245 Min because whenever you charge your phone the battery is automatically going to get hotter. And OC'ing while its charging is definitely not going to help it... so I sacrifice some speed to save my battery/CPU by setting it at stock speed.

4. cornbreadfarts

cornbreadfarts Well-Known Member

I don't have any profiles set. running at 768 Max and 604 min on demand. mine only gets hot when charging if its plugged into my PC and tethering. unplug it for a few minutes and it's fine.

5. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

If that were happening with my phone I'd try starting over on the overclocking.

I'd take it in small steps, and leave the settings for at least a few hours and then plug it in to monitor its temperature.

If all was well, with no unusual heating, I'd inch up the overclocking settings about 25Mhz and leave it there again for a few hours, try charging, etc.

I'd start low, of course. ;) .. and leave the sleep setting very low throughout the process, probably the lowest setting offered.

Once the over heating starts, I'd move the main settings down to the last "cool" values and leave them there.

6. Scynthetic78

Scynthetic78 Well-Known Member

It looks like your charge profile should be low enough, but you may want to try dropping that down a little more and see if it helps. Also, your temp profile should be the highest priority and maybe set a little lower as well if you're having heating issues.

7. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

I agree with the two gents above, and have a couple suggestions of my own.

1) give your temp profile the highest priority of all (Scy). Though your temp and charge have the same top speed, so that might not make a difference.
    2) dial down the settings in general to see if that makes a difference. (Frisco)
    3) I'd suggest deleting SetCPU, restarting the phone and then putting it on a charger. It's possible that you've got a charging/heat issue that is unrelated to overclocking, and the only way to know that for sure is to remove SetCPU completely for a while.
    4) If you have access to a different battery, try it and see if the phone still gets too warm.

8. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

That #1 is a Super Tip, imo.

I'd neglected the priorities, allowing the defaults.. but that one makes a lot of sense, especially for those experiencing heating.