Heavy usage users?

Last Updated:

1. iamtybaby

iamtybaby Banned This Topic's Starter

How's Ur battery life? Don't care about light or moderate users, Jus heavy. I've had mines for bout 4 days now, I don't work so I haven't really token it out for a whole day yet. But imma phone geek and im popular so im always doing something on this thing. Jus curious to know, how's Ur battery life?

Advertisement
  2. lamboh

lamboh Well-Known Member

I'm a heavy user and I've had 8_9 hours off one charge.could be better but could be slot worse

3. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

^
    [​IMG]

But to answer the question, I get about 6-8 of really heavy usage. Playing with it nearly nonstop and pandora streaming music.

4. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

Heavy use, screen up time is about 4hours before getting the < 15% battery warning. Total uptime is about 12 - 15 hours.

5. avacomputers

avacomputers Well-Known Member

I'm a heavy user and I get about 4 or 5 hours.

6. 10sigh

10sigh Member

By popular you mean tech support right? :p
    But to answer your question, I can get 6-8 hours with heavy texting, and internet browsing
    However I can only get a max of about 4 hours with heavy AIM, Gtalk, and gaming. Aim and Gtalk chug batteries like whoa for some reason. :rolleyes:

7. chaucer498

chaucer498 Active Member

If I'm going to be honest, I haven't noticed much of a change in my battery performance since updating. I had high hopes too. I still get about the same as everyonee who has posted here. 4-5 hours heavy use. My phone still seems to drain while idle and the phone rarely stays to 100% at idle unless I do that calibration trick with every charge. Hope they get this sorted out soon though. I love this phone. I wish Sprint would call me with that darned Battery kit they were scheduled to get in.

8. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

Very heavy user, both me and wife, 4 - 5 hours per battary, we have 6 total.

Some days just use 2 batteries over the day, some days use 3.

9. swankydank2001

swankydank2001 Well-Known Member

i get about 18-24hrs out of mine, with the hack i came up with... its a test run so far so good

10. evo32

evo32 Member

I'm averaging about 8-9 hours and I use a lot. Not bad because I was averaging the same on my iPhone 3G and that had a smaller screen and crappy camera.

11. chocmatic

chocmatic Well-Known Member

what hack is that?

12. iamtybaby

iamtybaby Banned This Topic's Starter

Thanks yall...very helpful

13. nRRe

nRRe Well-Known Member

lol popular

haven't used it 'heavy' since the update, but before I got 6-7 hours of heavy usage. however that is in a very weak coverage area at my work. you are lucky to get 1 bar, and the wifi signal is the same way.

however...i just now with light usage got 35 hours before it hit the 15% warning.

14. mtrajano00

mtrajano00 Well-Known Member

Heavy user I get about 5-6 hrs on my battery. Pandora on all the time here at work. Using email. Using txt. Watching some youtube. Using internet on and off. Reading news from the RSS feeds.

15. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

I get 5-6 hours when I use everything. Biggest drain is actually the camera or video camera especially if LED flash is used.

I don't expect tangible battery improvement until 2.2 which reduces the processing power drain with the Davlik stack.

16. J03

J03 Well-Known Member

If I am using the phone heavily I might get 4 hours tops. By heavy I mean that the phone still drains battery while plugged into a USB port on a computer. I pretty much keep a charger on me at all times. USB cable at work, car charger, and wall charger at home. Helps that I had a palm pre before this and all the chargers work for the EVO.

17. gmanvbva

gmanvbva Active Member

I doubt this actually helped battery drain while the device is active. They likely tweaked the standby states to help conserve the battery while the device is not actively being used. I had a low-moderate usage day yesterday and my battery lasted about 2 hours longer than it normally would have under those conditions. Battery left indicated 14hrs since last charge when I hit 19%. I was typically getting about 11-12 hrs.

18. hollawood24

hollawood24 Well-Known Member

I think have noticed something about using other usb and car/wall chargers besides the one specific to the brand of the phone you have.. It seems as though it takes longer to charge and doesnt hold a charge well or as long.. I have had several phones starting from bb tour - palm pre - samsung moment - htc evo and have used chargers from those previous phones or 3rd party chargers and they seem to make my battery not last as long/drain faster and again they take longer to charge.. I think this may be affecting the charge that some of the batteries can hold.. just an observation, but see how it holds up for yourself.. It also seems that swapping out batteries makes the battery drain faster or not hold a charge as well..

19. IFMISM

IFMISM Well-Known Member

I am a heavy user. I get about 5 to 6 hrs out of it with bt, gps, and wifi on. When i am away from hinebit drops to 4 or 5 with bt, gps, and 4g on. I normally carry 2 batteries because i am not near a charger.

20. gmanvbva

gmanvbva Active Member

I use the my Pre chargers with the EVO all the time and see no difference at all. In fact I bought an extra Pre charger just for my EVO because I like the design and I could get them new on amazon for $9. Of course you will see longer charge times from chargers limited to less than 1A output (USB= .5A, other chargers can be .5A, .6A, .75A, etc.).

21. hollawood24

hollawood24 Well-Known Member

The pre charger seems to work very well for the Evo actually (i like the pre charger personally), but when i used it for the samsung moment i saw the difference..

22. Lord_Kaizer

Lord_Kaizer Member

I get about 6-8hrs starting from 7am