• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Helix Launcher now on market...best launcher available

BTW: I want to apologize to Squidward for flying off the handle like that. You didn't deserve it. If it is any consolation, I made myself look like a much larger ass than I thought you were being. I realize that and I am really embarassed. If it isn't any consolation, I am still sorry that I was such a jerk to you.

Really nice to see someone stand up like this to correct a mistake they've made. Well said...

Upvote 0
I've updated the OP...Helix has been dethroned by Launcher Pro.

I guess that statement is very much open for debate. Personally, I hate using LauncherPro because the dev has designed it so the wallpaper actually ends below the statusbar. This is quite a crappy design for those of us who use transparent statusbars, since we now have to look at nothing but a black bar across the top.

I say two thumbs down to LauncherPro (and adw launcher which did the same thing), and I will be anxiously awaiting the new helix1/helix2.

Upvote 0
I guess that statement is very much open for debate. Personally, I hate using LauncherPro because the dev has designed it so the wallpaper actually ends below the statusbar. This is quite a crappy design for those of us who use transparent statusbars, since we now have to look at nothing but a black bar across the top.

I say two thumbs down to LauncherPro (and adw launcher which did the same thing), and I will be anxiously awaiting the new helix1/helix2.

Hey, just wondering if you tried Chevy's 2.2 ROM? Chevy utilized a transparent status bar and I actually thought of you when I saw it.

As far as the launcher goes...hard to debate the actual operation of LP to Helix (1 or 2). Just not even in the same league in terms of speed and "applesque" smoothness.

Upvote 0

Thanks for pointing that out...should be helpful to others using transparent status bars.

Current poll numbers in the thread I linked to have 172 votes for LP, 16 and 19 for Helix and ADW...so far it looks like most users find LP provides the best overall experience, and certainly that's my opinion. :)

Upvote 0
Hey, just wondering if you tried Chevy's 2.2 ROM? Chevy utilized a transparent status bar and I actually thought of you when I saw it.

As far as the launcher goes...hard to debate the actual operation of LP to Helix (1 or 2). Just not even in the same league in terms of speed and "applesque" smoothness.

I actually haven't had the chance to try Chevy's ROM yet... I didn't even know he had one out. I knew about UD and BB. Haven't even tried BB yet.

Actual operation, yes LB is DEFINITELY a better launcher. It is just irritating to me that the dev won't fix the issue with the statusbar. I've been on the forum on his website, and I wasn't even close to being the first one to complain about it. :(

Upvote 0
I have a htc desire non rooted running 2.2 froyo and I can't find helix in the market either. However, I did try the links provided in this thread and managed to download and install it. But all I got was a forced close when ever I tried to use it. I got shut of it immediately and decided its not worth the hassle. I happily use Adw and launcher pro and switch between them from time to time and both are fantastic and give me no problems. Balls tto helix, that's all I'm gonna say.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones