Helix Launcher?General

Last Updated:

1. zetroc

zetroc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How do I use Helix Launcher? I downloaded and it installed from the Market, but I can't seem to find it... I'm new at this so bear with me :)

Advertisement
  2. vwdriver67

vwdriver67 Member

once its installed just hit the home key and you should be about to pick the helix or htc sence

its a very neat app ive been playing with it for a day

3. vwdriver67

vwdriver67 Member

oh and if your looking how to add more home screens (up to 7) hit the menu key when your at the helix home screen and configure and change the screen size

4. jamesdean

jamesdean Well-Known Member

Other than the 4 quick launch icons found on the bottom of every screen, why would you want to use the Helix Launcher on the Incredible? I used Helix on my Droid but is there something else it gives you that the Incredible does not?

5. tranceFusion

tranceFusion Well-Known Member

does Sense still run/consume resources with Helix running?

6. irishpride

irishpride Well-Known Member

Download Home Switcher from the market, it allows you to move between any on the homescreen replacements you have without force stopping or disabling anything.

7. vwdriver67

vwdriver67 Member

one of the main reasons i like it is because you can have the home screen in landscape and since ill be makin my own lil dock for the phone this is going to come in handy .. plus i just like to be different and since there are like 4people that i know that got the phone this is one way to do so.

8. jaybeewaybee

jaybeewaybee Well-Known Member

The sexy iphone-like animations that worked on the Eris, are not present when Helix runs on the DI. Probably because Sense can't be turned off on the Incredible. I'm sticking with Sense.

9. wase4711

wase4711 Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing; all I really want to do is have my Sense UI home screen in landscape..too bad there is no way to just do this..or is there?

10. hadisious

hadisious Member

You guys need to be using HelixLauncher2 on the Incredible. It has the more than enough processer power.

It gives you the cool 3d app list fully ported from the Nexus One. Its a lot better than HelixLauncher1 and I use it over HTC Sense.

11. Tech Addiction

Tech Addiction Well-Known Member

I saw that but it said it's slower than Helix 1. I forgot the app market is for other phones without a 1ghz processor lol.