HelixLauncherGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Ty07allstar

Ty07allstar Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just wondering if anyone is using with the new 2.1 ROM. Just saw it and think it looks pretty good. How well does it run compared to Sense? Would it be worth using it?

Advertisement
  2. GrdLock

GrdLock Well-Known Member

I use it on my rooted phone. Love it.

3. jameseris1194

jameseris1194 Well-Known Member

I have a youtube video showing my helix homescreen as defualt...love it!! go to youtube and look up droid eris helixlauncher and you will see!!

4. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

I'll give a big +1. I've had it on my phone since last night and it runs great!!!!

5. jameseris1194

6. jameseris1194

enjoy!

7. jreed2560

ahhh why would you have this and not utilize the app shortcuts on the bottom! Thats the best part.

8. rvpartsguy

rvpartsguy Well-Known Member

+1 --- the bottom app shortcuts are really nice

as for helix launcher it is a really nice app ..... been using it for like 3 days now and was one of the first apps i added back to my phone once rooted

9. jameseris1194

I think they take up too much space and I was going for a complete nexus look..lol notice my 2.0.1 icons? haha *sigh* i wish nexus was on verizon

10. Jshizzy

Jshizzy Well-Known Member

Just like the nexus one home I bought for 3 dollars a month ago. But...it's free. Good app. I use this home with renamed folders to keep it sleek and less cluttered. Folders named...tools, music, internet, games, etc.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

11. eghill1125

eghill1125 Well-Known Member

I had been using this with the original 2.1 leak on my Eris, but haven't put it back on yet for the newest leak.

The only thing I didn't like with it was I couldn't find a weather widget as nice as the HTC one that was defaulted on the phone and I do not have beautiful widgets to get something like that.

If I can find a weather widget as nice as that HTC one, I will go back to the Helix Launcher again very quickly. Really liked the look of it..

12. Jshizzy

Jshizzy Well-Known Member

Yeah I had a whole screen set up for the htc weather. Now even the widgets for weather bug and the weather channel's LARGE widgets don't even fill half of the screen. Bummer.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

13. luca108

luca108 Member

using it on leak v2 and it runs great.

14. n1ghtwish

n1ghtwish Well-Known Member

Can anyone point me in the direction of an apk for this?? All the ones that I've found do not work.

15. refthemc

refthemc Well-Known Member

I'm using Weather Widget donate on Helixlauncher. I'll try to post a screen shot up when I get home later

16. jreed2560

beautiful widgets is a nice investment. Well worth the money

17. sanderjm

sanderjm Active Member

+1 I loaded it last night and it's pretty awesome. I have 7 screens and like the little preview feature and the fact that it rotates.

18. adrenalinerush12

adrenalinerush12 Well-Known Member

Pm me if you want the apk to Beautiful Widgets. That's what I'm using with Helix Launcher. Looks amazing. Except is anyone else getting some lag on the apps menu? It's lagging incredibly.

19. rvpartsguy

rvpartsguy Well-Known Member

+1000

20. jreed2560

All right guys first major issue here. I initially set this thing up on seven screens. It was ok, but I found myself putting things on the home screens that I didn't really need. So I thought I would go down to five screens. Well when I went down to five screens it stuck my phone in a force close loop and now I can access anything. Anybody got a suggestion? I guess I could reflash 2.1b. I guess I was just looking for another way.

21. jameseris1194

First of all, that was dumb!! it gives you a warning when resizing screens.. should have listened cuz now you have to go into recovery and factory wipe your phone to its og state.. i made that mistake a while back and it scared the hell out of me but i just booted into recovery and wiped the phone and started from scratch! FYI when resizing the screens always always always make sure you clear defualts on helix before you do it so that way if you get fc loops you can time it just right and go into sense and reset helix...

22. jreed2560

First of all it wasn't dumb, It gives you a warning to remove widgets and such (which I did) and that it would require Helix to restart. I appreciate the help, however next time try not to let your superiority complex get in the way of your being helpful.

23. refthemc

refthemc Well-Known Member

Heres the Screenshot I promised...

[​IMG]

It's Helix Launcher with Weather Widget Donate and the H7C weather and clock skin. Hope this helps some people out.

24. mhrebin

mhrebin Well-Known Member

I had the same issue with it and that is why I got rid of it. Im just using HOME right now and have it set up real nice. You dont need to wipe your phone either. It just takes a bit of timing but if you hit the force close button and immediately press the home button you should get the home selection window and you can choose home or sense or if you press and hold the HOME button right after hitting force close it will bring up your previous 6 apps you have used. Hopefully manage applications will be in there and you can get rid of helixlauncher from there also.

25. jreed2560

I wouldn't want to get rid of it(I love being able to rotate the home screen to landscape! and 3 screens isn't enough) I just reflashed the v.2 leak and started over. I've become a pro at setting up my home screens after a factory reset anyway and I had everything downloaded and set up in 10 minutes. Thanks though