Hellllppp!!!!

1. maine90

maine90 Member

I have an optimus M my computer was recognizing my phone but now it doesnt i tried reinstalling the drivers and its only coming up as usb device is not recognized please help

Advertisement
    :
  2. Spec2nirvash

Spec2nirvash VIP Member VIP Member

Are you running Windows XP?
  3. maine90

maine90 Member

windows vista
  4. maine90

maine90 Member

the phone is also stuck on the lg phone usually i put it in s/w upgrade for it to recognized
  5. Spec2nirvash

So you mean it's stuck on the first LG screen, like it's soft-bricked?

Sorry about asking if you have XP, dropping drivers is a huge problem with my system. But Vista.... Hmm.. My Win7 machine has never had a problem picking up any of my Androids, so I have to ask - does your phone even start up? If it doesn't than your PC might have a hard time finding it. I thought I saw you in other OM threads with some problems...
  6. Spec2nirvash

What did you do to brick it?? Someone may be able to help you if we knew more about what happened. Did you flash something you weren't supposed to? Are you running stock 2.2.x or are you running a custom ROM?

Let us know some more!!

ALSO: Did you try booting into recovery?
  7. maine90

maine90 Member

i bought it so im not sure if it was rooted but no it cant go in recovery but it recognized it one time then after that it stopped
  8. Spec2nirvash

Geez. I'm not sure where to point towards now if recovery is dead, you sure you pressed the right buttons? I've never used the LGNPST, so I'm no help there either. SammyZ is our all knowing and mighty Optimus expert, he may be able to help. Just sit tight, he checks in here often!

Wish I could be of more help, but surprisingly I've never bricked my Optimus. But if you had a Connect, on the other hand..... :D

Good luck!
    sammyz likes this.
  9. maine90

maine90 Member

well ok but do the optimus m have an emergency mode or any other mode to get into the phone?
  10. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

11. maine90

maine90 Member

is the metro pcs driver different from the other driver?
  12. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Maybe, I'm not 100% sure which drivers you are talking about. So install the driver in my thread :)