Hello AF and I Had a Problem!

Last Updated:

1. trendon

trendon Member This Topic's Starter

First of all, I love the phone and the OS. Also, I've been lurking as a non-registered visitor and I just decided to register to make this post (and, presumably, more posts) and I just want to thank the admins for not choosing to use that damn CAPTCHA for registration and instead using a simple question. Thank you!

Now, to be blunt: my phone randomly reset everything; back to factory default, no numbers, no stored files, no nothing. All I did was let the phone die before I could get it to a charger.

I've had the phone for about a month now and this is the first time I let it reach 0% battery and force a shut down so I am hoping this is not normal.

Any ideas?

Thank you for your time!

Advertisement
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Its not normal for sure, not heard of this before :/

3. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Welcome to AF, and congrats on the de-lurk! :D

I've not heard of this before either, but I've never let my battery discharge to the point of shut-down. Hopefully it was a one-off due.

4. quantumrand

quantumrand Well-Known Member

Hrm...very strange. Had you ever shut down the phone manually?

5. trendon

trendon Member This Topic's Starter

Yes, I had shut it down normally. Ah well, I'll just chalk it up to a freak thing if nobody heard of it happening before. There is no way an issue like this wouldn't have been complained about on an internet forum!

What a PIA, though.

On to better things now!

6. quantumrand

quantumrand Well-Known Member

If you haven't put all your data back on it yet, you should try seeing if you can get it to happen again. Try just removing the battery while its on. If it still screws up, try pulling the battery out while the phone is off. If that screws it up too, maybe you've got a bad NVRAM chip or something.

7. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

I let me phone drain to zero and power off several times when I first got it as advised in the manual to condition the battery. I never lost any data.

8. phatmamaslim

phatmamaslim Member

My hero died a few times, when i restarted it all my contacts etc. were missing. took about a day for them to load. i was told by a tech that it was because i downloaded myxer ringtones to the phone and that it was just running slow.

9. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

My Hero actually died the day I posted my reply due to the battery running out, and no loss of anything on my end (just to confirm its not to be expected).