Hello Aim on HTC Hero?

Last Updated:

1. dvdqnoc

dvdqnoc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys, i know that Hello Aim is no longer available from the Market, but I was wondering if anyone has it for their Hero by any chance, perhaps by manually installing it?

Does it work well? Any bugs? How do the notificions for Hello Aim work?

And what other good Aim (IM) apps are there? I heard Hi Aim isnt good. Has AOL made an Aim app for android? Do they plan to in the future? thanks

Advertisement
  2. clockwork

clockwork Well-Known Member

i just use meebo, it works really well for me and it consolidates all my instant messenger clients like MSN AIM and Facebook chat... try it!!!

3. G8D

G8D Well-Known Member

Hi AIM is there. It is a beta and I dont use it, so I cannot vouch.. But I can confirm it exists.

4. dvdqnoc

yes I know hi aim exists, and i've hears it's not that great

is meebo good? I've heard it's alright. how does it's notifications work? like let's say your phone is sitting idle on your desk and someone ims you. does it make a noise? does the screen light up?

5. clockwork

clockwork Well-Known Member

there are a few settings i have tried so far, but the three options are vibrate, sound, and notification in the notification bar... you can then make a any combination of the three... i am not sure, and i hope someone can answer this, the reason i disabled vibrate and ring is because when i was chatting with someone it would still ring and vibrate even if i was in the chat, i wonder if it is possible to disable this feature.

6. dvdqnoc

WHat about when your phone is idle? like sleep mode, where your screen is off. can you set it to ring, vibrate, and/or show a notification on the screen itself? or can you just do that when your phone is awake and the screen on?