Hello all im new here i just got a G1 yesterday quick question about updatingGeneral

Last Updated:

1. CircusMaximus

CircusMaximus Member This Topic's Starter

just got my g1 yesterday i unlocked it for ATT got it activated etc... everything is working great so far question i have is are there any firmware/software updates available? i keep hearing about some "cupcake" update? how do i get this ?

Advertisement
  2. RozzaC

RozzaC Well-Known Member

First of all...welcome to the forums...

I'll be your tour guide during your journey.... =)

Ok..not really but anyway...

Android 1.5 (colloquially known as "Cupcake") isn't available for downloading yet..

It's apparently meant to be released OTA throughout May....most likely to coincide with the HTC Magic release throughout Europe...

Therefore..your best bet is to wait around for a notification on your G1 informing you that there is an update available.

When that happens...just accept it and let the phone do its thing...

3. RozzaC

RozzaC Well-Known Member

Seeing as I'm not American (UK user here)...I'm probably not the best person to answer this question....

But I would assume that you would still get the update?

Can someone correct me if I'm wrong please...?

4. dynodroid

dynodroid Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if anyone will be able to confirm this until the update is released. I've got an unlocked G1 on AT&T aswell, so I have my fingers crossed.

At the same time though, I'm not too worried about it, considering the ease of switching platforms already.

If an OTA update isn't going to work for AT&T G1 users, then I'm sure there will be other ways of making it happen.