Hello All New S2 OwnerGeneral

1. ajones23

ajones23 Well-Known Member

Hi all,im new to this forum for vm S2. Just upgraded from the triumph.

Advertisement
    :
  2. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

Moved out into the general s2 forum.

Hope you enjoy your new device :)

DS
  3. ajones23

Sorry about that,just thought it was the right place.
  4. Freeze Time

Freeze Time Active Member

I upgraded from a modded Triumph. This phone blows it away.
  5. tcross8361

tcross8361 Well-Known Member

I upgraded from the Triumph also. It was a great move. Even though it was a love hate relationship with the Triumph, I do kind of miss it. I guess what I miss is toying with it to get certain things to work right. In that regard the S2 is kind of boring, LOL. It's a shame too, if they would of given it the support it deserved, it could of been a top tier phone. I gave the Triumph to my son. It's a perfect phone for him. He loves it.
  6. ajones23

Yeah I gave my triumph to my son. And loaded it with cm9,he likes it. I miss it but S2 is better.
  7. Freeze Time

The only things I miss about the Triumph is my $25 plan, the speaker placement and the fact that the Wifi was better on it or at least it got along with the router I had it hooked up to. I still can't solve the wifi issue with the Galaxy s2.
  8. ajones23

Does it automatically disconnect,and you have to connect it back. I like this phone, but hesitant to root it. Not sure of the Odin process,did my tab kinda scares me.
  9. Freeze Time

Yes. It disconnects and I have to reconnect it.
  10. TheBritton

TheBritton Resident Galaxy Cat Guide

Dude I know what ya mean. Coming from Triumph the rooting and flashing on this phone seemed so foreign at first but I finally got it down.
    The best thing is there is a OneClick Odin stock rom rooted and unrooted for fail-safe. So if you're phone can at least get into download mode your phone isn't bricked.
    Incidentally, the OneClicks are the easiest way to root in my opinion.
    There is also the OneClick rooted stock Jellybean rom (FL14) and I've been running it for several weeks and loving it so far.
    ajones23 likes this.