Hello All & thank you for this forum!

1. ignlacsina

ignlacsina New Member

Hi All! Hope all is well with everyone at the moment.

I'm currently researching about which smart phone I should upgrade to next year, when I found AndroidForums.

I'm in need of this forum's expert help as I seem to have run into a very hard problem: how to find a smart phone that is NOT made in China (PRC). :confused:

I normally would not be bothered about buying products made in China (PRC). They are generally quite affordable and their quality have improved since the 90s.

But lately I have realized that I can no longer support products made in China in good conscience because of their maltreatment of the Tibetan people, as well as PRC creating territorial disputes with its neighbors (using aggressive bullying tactics and brinkmanship).

Although I respect other peoples' decisions to buy products made in PRC, I just can no longer justify to myself how even 1 tiny cent of my money might help the PRC to continue doing what is currently doing.

So if anyone can provide a list of smart phones that are not Made in China, it would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

3. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Well-Known Member

Welcome to androidforums!

I'm not sure your budget, but I've really enjoyed my Galaxy Nexus, which at this point is an "older" phone, but it was awesome when I had it. I now have the S3 and that is another great device.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! :)
    -9to5
  4. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum!

I absolutely love my Nexus 4 which is made in Korea. Unless you have to use Verizon or Sprint I don't think you can go wrong with a Nexus 4 (when they are back in stock again)