• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hello all!

Thank you very much, I am looking to root my samsung galaxy s 4g but i can't seem to find the forums for it. Also i am running Gingerbread 2.3.6 and i have the SGH-T959VUVKJ. Any help would be awesome, i have no experience rooting but i want to learn and get started :)
Hello and welcome aboard, T G3NOC1D3. :)

Thanks for joining the community. Here is a link to your device "rooting" section. I hope you find what you seek. If you need any help navigating the site, just give one of us Guides a shout!
icon14.gif

Link: Galaxy S 4G - All Things Root - Android Forums
Best of luck.

Upvote 0
Rooting is a process allowing users of mobile phones, tablet PC's, and other devices running the android operating system to attain privileged control ("know as root access") within androids subsystem. Rooting is often performed with the goal of overcoming limitations that carriers and hardware manufactures put on some devices, resulting in the ability to alter or replace system applications and settings, run specialized apps that require administrator-level permissions, or perform other operations that are otherwise inaccessible to a normal android user. Rooting is analogous to jailbreaking devices running the apple IOS operating system or the Sony playstation 3. On Android, rooting can also facilitate the complete removal and replacement of the devices operating system. As Android was derived from the Linux kernel, rooting an Android device is similar in practice to accessing administrative permissions on Linux or any other Unix-like computer such as FreeBSD or OS X.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones