• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hello and A Few Questions

eleven11

Lurker
Nov 8, 2009
Hello everyone - new to the forum. Just picked up the Droid on launch day. Had been using an old Treo 680 on TMobile (been with them ~8 years and never a blip). So far, I'm very satisfied with the Droid. I have a few various questions, and will definitely have more in the future (unable to find with search).

1) Facebook contact editing - If Facebook adds someone to my phone's contact list who doesn't list their phone number, it will not let me add it via my phone or online (or if it doesn't recognize the same name on my phones list during sync).

2) Facebook contact updates - Let's say I have a new Friend on Facebook. Is there a way for it to automatically push the contacts pic, etc.? Now, they eventually (some delay) show up/sync on my contact list, but I have to visit their FB page for their pic to sync.

3) Facebook duplicates - Certain contacts have multiple FB links to the same profile.

4) Email - I have a Hotmail account linked to the Email app. I'm curious why only a few of my total messages are shown/pushed to my account. I refresh, etc. to no avail. Also, is there a way to see all of my Hotmail folders so I can send to them, etc.? Do I need to explore using Exchange for this?

Those are a few of the questions I can think of for now. I appreciate any and all help. :)

I picked up the Driod on launch day as well (Friday). I love it, except for a few things. I have been playing with it and now it is Sunday evening and I am getting serious and trying to accomplish work with it. I have an IMAP account and a "Corporate"/ Exchange account set up. I cannot find a way in either of these to move emails to folders. Several threads suggested that there is no way. However I wonder if a 3rd party app (maybe Touch down) might accomplish it.
I don't want to have to "synch" it. And I need the calendar in Exchange to pop up appointments.
Anyone have any suggestions. I'd love to keep the Droid, but this could be a deal breaker. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones