Hello and help with multiple contacts for textingSupport

Last Updated:

1. jeneraljo

jeneraljo Member This Topic's Starter

hello all... where would i post a question regarding duplicate contactrs when I try to add receiptant for texts
    I have sprint htc hero
    when i want to text someone and click on
    person icon next to input window

I get like 3-5 listings for each contact
    Thanks
    Joe

Advertisement
  2. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

When I go to messages > new message, I don't get a person icon just a field to type. I am on version 2.2, you could be on a different version.

3. dpeeps74

dpeeps74 Well-Known Member

is it the same contacts/numbers for each one, or is it showing all the numbers/emails for each contact? If it's showing them each multiple times, are you synching facebook? do they show that way in your contacts? If it's the latter of the 2, i'm not sure if there's an option in your messaging app, but if there's an option only to show mobile numbers or something, you'd maybe try it. I am on cm6, so it sounds like you're on something a bit different. Just throwing out some things i'd sort of suspect as a general sort of place to start.

4. FCGuy1579

FCGuy1579 Well-Known Member

If you are using Handcent there is an option to only see your phone contacts and not your Facebook contacts, I was having the same issue you describe not too long ago and I changed the setting and it fixed it, in Handcent go under Setting<Social Network Settings and uncheck show social contacts.