Hello and please help!

Last Updated:

1. ZebyK

ZebyK New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum so hello! I found you guys through google and have spent a good wee while reading through the topics.

Anyway, I own an HTC Desire and it is a huge disappointment and I wonder if anyone here is able to help me? This is already my second one from O2 & I really don't think they'll send me a 3rd one! (Looking back I think the 1st one was fine, I was just new to the android system so thought it was faulty and the one I have now really is faulty)

So I've had the device since the end of June now and there are several issues with it:

• HTC Peep does not update as I have set it to; therefore I do not receive notifications when I get a mention etc. I have had to download twitter for android separately, which seems to work; but more on that later.
    • Facebook for HTC Sense only updates intermittently, frustratingly sometimes it works perfectly and other times not at all.
    • Friend Stream works intermittently, some days it will work perfectly, other days either FB or Twitter will update but not the other, other times neither work.
    • To save battery I use the wifi in my home on the phone and I can access the internet fine with it, however twitter for android will not update, no matter what setting it is. I must manually update. Facebook for HTC Sense works intermittently, as does HTC Peep. Friendstream works intermittently, due to FB and Twitter updating intermittently.
    • Cannot get the phone to connect to my PC using HTC Sync, I downloaded sync following the instructions, however I still get the error message on my phone saying it cannot find HTC Sync on my computer.
    Overall, this phone has been one big fat disappointment to me, I had such high high hopes of the android system and all the problems I'm having with it is really disheartening.

I've tried getting O2 to help, but they seem to think it's a software problem and say HTC should help. I've called HTC only to be told they don't know what's wrong with my phone and will get back to me...surprise surprise I never heard from them again. I am currently corresponding with someone from HTC over emails, but their suggestions on how to fix these problems are bizarre...such as adding my work details to my facebook profile should fix the problems with my FB for HTC Sense?!?!

I know there is an over the air update due this weekend for the desire (my phone does not have the O2 logo on it, so I assume it is not locked to O2?) Will this upgrade solve all my problems?

Should I phone HTC again and demand that they take my phone away to be fixed?

Sorry for the huge message and a grateful thanks to everyone who can help! Xxx

Advertisement