hello, android world

Last Updated:

1. bern_viking

bern_viking Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi there

Just got a HTC Hero after a long line of Palm Products... last one a Treo 600. Like it very much, but still have to work out some things that i dont understand.

Thanks for all help and support in advance and i hope i will some day be able to contribute too.

Cheers

bern viking

Advertisement
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Welcome, have a read of my hero guide :p

bern_viking likes this.
  3. Trident

Trident VIP Member VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums! :D

bern_viking likes this.
  4. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Welcome to Android Forums!! :)

bern_viking likes this.
  5. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

6. bern_viking

bern_viking Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hello again and thanks for all the welcomes, support and help from the people on this forum.

So, now I am on my third HTC Hero Week and it's a very nice machine with a couple of very big BUTs for me.

My situation is that I use Outlook to manage my calender. Yes, I know, but that is the way it is, it's a workplace decision and I cannot change it. And that is the biggest problem I have with Android, sync'ing with Outlook:

-EVERY event gets a notification. On Outlook I have set those events for which i want/need a reminder, but my htc warns me of EVERY SINGLE ONE.

-My "private" settings are not sync'ed either. I don't even know how to set a single event to private on the Hero. So if i add an event on the go, i have to remind myself to set it to private when i have sync'ed it to Outlook...

-No tasks (no comment)

Yes, I know there are workarounds and jiggling and whatnots, but my point is that android phones will not be taken seriously in the biz world unless you can sync without these problems with outlook. I know that Outlook is not the best program in the world, and the world and nearby planets would be a better place if we used something else, but a very large proportion of businesses rely on it.

I am in the unfortunate situation where i cannot 100% recommend android to my fellow workers, much that i would like to.

Small hope, but maybe, maybe someone in Google is reading this.

Thanks again to everybody in the forums for help, tips and sharing experiences.

bern_viking

7. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Welcome! :D

bern_viking likes this.