Hello Android!Support

Last Updated:

1. joshbowling

joshbowling New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, my name is Josh Bowling and I plan on buying a phone loaded with Android 1.5 in December. I have a quick question, but I couldn't find the right forum to post it in. So, if it shouldn't be in here, please don't stone me! I use Google Apps for one of my domains and I've heard of issues syncing it with Android. Has that been fixed? I want to sync my mail, calendar, and so on with my phone automatically. Thanks, Josh Bowling

Advertisement
  2. muzicman0

muzicman0 Well-Known Member

I have never had issues with any of these. Mail and Calendar are main features. I routinely edit a budget spreadsheet that I have online that is in google docs.

What exactly did you hear?

mm0

3. joshbowling

I heard that syncing the mail and calendar from Google Apps in Android 1.0 was broken. That could be totally wrong though, my source was kinda iffy in credibility. But, I just wanted to make sure before I made a 2-year contract. :D

4. muzicman0

well...android syncs with google services like mail and calendar over the air. so not a problem, unless I am misunderstanding.

But if I enter a appt on my phone, it automatically ends up on my google calendar on line...if I delete an email online, it is gone on my phone, etc, etc...

mm0

5. joshbowling

What I was told, at least for Andriod 1.0, was that the connection to the normal GMail, Calendar, etc was ok, but wouldn't work with Google App accounts. For example, my email is josh[at]monarck.net, not @gmail.com. I'm sure if it ever was an issue, it should have been resolved by now, but I want to get others view on it beforehand. ;)

6. muzicman0

oh, ok, gotcha...my address is @southcountychurch.com...I have had a G1 since version 1, and have never had any problems, so you should be good to go.

mm0

7. joshbowling

Alright, thanks!