• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hello... Any reddit users here?

x160399

Lurker
May 29, 2010
Hi,

Just wondering if there are any reddit users here, as I am having a problem with reddit on my new Desire and was wondering if anybody else had seen this.

Since I got the phone about a week ago, when I load reddit the "save" and "hide" links don't work. They are there, they just do nothing when I tap them. If I reload the page they will work, but sometimes I have to reload a couple of times to get them to work. This is very annoying.

I have tried asking about this on the site itself, but in an unbelievable coincedence reddit suffered a bug for an hour or so which made the save and hide links disappear from the site right at the same time as I posted my question, so I think most people just thought I was talking about that. This is completely different however, and is an ongoing problem.

I have tried the "reddit is fun" app, which is nice, but as far as I can see it removes the save and hide functionality altogether (they are not appearing on my phone anyway). As these functions are a very important part of browsing the site for me, this is no good.

I've tried Opera mini and found the experience just horrible.

I have been able to replicate this exact behaviour on reddit when using my PC by disabling javascript in Firefox, this tells me that there is a problem with my phone loading javascript. I have "Enable Javascript" checked in the internet settings on the phone.

So... has anyone else here experienced anything like this? Very grateful for any advice.

Cheers,
Paul.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones