Hello D2 Community!

Last Updated:

1. reinert012

reinert012 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello there, I just upgraded from my 3rd Eris and got a D2 compliments of VZW and I am stoked to start reading these forums and learning a new phone again.

How is the D2 rooted? I had my Eris rooted and would love to do it for this phone.

thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

3. mach1man

mach1man Well-Known Member

Question for you, you said verizon gave you a D2? Was your eris having problems? I have a friend at work that is on his 4th Eris and they wont give him another phone, just trying to see what you did to get it.

4. reinert012

reinert012 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yes, I was on my 3rd Eris. I have no problem with my Eris, I LOVE the size of it but its just built bad.

When I got my Eris yesterday in the mail, I turned it on, set it up, etc. Went to the market to test the trackball....and it didn't scroll up. So i did a factory reset, and it still didnt work.

Then i called VZW, told the CSR what was wrong and she offered me another Eris and then I very politely said I would like to speak to a supervisor, but after being on hold for 5 minutes or so she said they were in a meeting, so I told her how i felt about the Eris and how its not VZW fault the phones keep messing up, its HTC's fault. So she then offered to over-night a D2 over to me free of charge.

If you tell your buddy to call, tell him to be firm, but polite and explain your situation about the Eris, and hopefully he'll get another phone :)

If he does call PM me or post back here what happens.

5. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

Welcome and check out the root subforum, you will have a better start.
    I just rooted my D2 replacement and with it only being my second time it took about 7 minutes.
    Good luck, just be careful and moving forward, learn to love nandroid backups.

6. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Welcome to IMO alot better of a phone!

7. RJT185

RJT185 VIP Member VIP Member

Welcome to the D2 forum, it's an excellent phone for sure! And our D@ community keeps growing so we'll definitely be able to push the phone to its limits.