Hello everybody! New Android user here.

Last Updated:

1. Wunder

Wunder New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone. I'm soon-to-be new to the Android community and I figured i'd register and stop in and say hello!

Here's my little backstory:

I've been a loyal iPhone user since the 1st generation of the iphone, and happily on the AT&T network. While I haven't really had issues with the iPhone per se, the lack of customizability has really been a downer. I always put it behind me though and trudged forward loving my iPhone, even when I purchased my iPhone 3G.

Well, recently Apple has been proving to me through the use of their draconian tactics that I just don't wish to be associated with them anymore. The propietary nature of the iPhone and Apple products is more of a burden to me than I wish it to be. On top of that, this whole thing they have going on with the iPhone 4 (the 'leak', raiding Jason Chen's home and taking all of his technology) just leaves a horribly sour taste in my mouth and quite honestly I'm almost ashamed to call myself an iPhone user.

Enter Nexus One...

I found this phone because I wanted something that I could hopefully learn to customize and truly make mine. I'm very much looking forward to spending time in this community and getting to know my brand new Nexus One.

Disclaimer: I love AT&T. They've been nothing but great to me for as long as I've been on their network. No AT&T bashing in this thread please.

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Welcome aboard! Nice tags BTW ;)

Feel free to let use know if you have any questions we can help you with!

3. Wunder

Wunder New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm sure I'll have some questions. The learning curve on this compared to the iPhone i'm sure is extremely steep, but worth it overall. :)

4. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Yeah, it's a lot steeper, but once you get the hang of it it really isn't bad. My wife, a loyal iphone user, can't figure out how to use android.

You'll be happy with what you'll be able to do with the phone.

5. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool: