Hello Everyone, and a slight screen problem?Support

Last Updated:

1. Aloha5o

Aloha5o New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone, looking forward to cruising the forms and learning more about my new phone. This is my first ever smart phone, decided to go with the Droid-X since I already have Verizon. Don't know how I got by without one before. I work as a regional airline pilot, based it ATL but live in Hawaii.

It's only been a week and already I have a screen problem, wondering if anybody has seen this before. A portion of my screen, just below the top pull down bar, is completely blank. It's a black square area, about 1/3 of my upper display. The area still responds to finger touch and slides, but nothing there to see, only black.

I

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums! :) Glad you signed up!

I have the DX too. There have been some people who have experienced missing pixels in the DX. I thought I read a post somewhere that there is was an app that may address the issue. I will move your question to the Droid X support section, but it is my gut feeling that you're going to have to go back to VZW.

Aloha!

3. dave8311

dave8311 Active Member

Can you long press and drag it to the trash can?

4. kennychaffin

kennychaffin Well-Known Member

Sounds broke to me.

5. Aloha5o

Thanks for the tips, the problem seems to be intermittent, while it was on going most of yesterday, the screen is working just fine right now. I'll post a screen shot next time, and also try the long hold and drag. I also tried refreshing the wallpaper, but this didn't change it. I was thinking it might be a wallpaper issue, since it did not show on the wake-up screen, only after sliding the unlock.

6. Aloha5o

Update - The problem reared it's ugly face again not 5 minutes after I made my last post. So I stopped by the Verizon store on the way home today, they also tried refreshing the wallpaper, but no joy. They concluded it was a software problem, and a total system reboot would fix it.

Sure enough, it worked, however, it also reset the phone back to factory settings, so all my customization and apps were lost, frustrating! But a least its working again. They also said if it happens again, they would give me a new phone. S0 now I get to spend the next several days trying to remember which apps I had and re-pimping my home pages.

7. kennychaffin

kennychaffin Well-Known Member

Hmmm, certainly could be software....but....here's hoping for the best!