Support Hello Everyone, and a slight screen problem?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Aloha5o, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Aloha5o

Aloha5o New Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Regional airline pilot
    Hawaii & Georgia
    Hello everyone, looking forward to cruising the forms and learning more about my new phone. This is my first ever smart phone, decided to go with the Droid-X since I already have Verizon. Don't know how I got by without one before. I work as a regional airline pilot, based it ATL but live in Hawaii.

It's only been a week and already I have a screen problem, wondering if anybody has seen this before. A portion of my screen, just below the top pull down bar, is completely blank. It's a black square area, about 1/3 of my upper display. The area still responds to finger touch and slides, but nothing there to see, only black.

I

Advertisement

2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH
    VIP Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    Welcome to Android Forums! :) Glad you signed up!

I have the DX too. There have been some people who have experienced missing pixels in the DX. I thought I read a post somewhere that there is was an app that may address the issue. I will move your question to the Droid X support section, but it is my gut feeling that you're going to have to go back to VZW.

Aloha!

3. dave8311

dave8311 Active Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Can you long press and drag it to the trash can?

4. kennychaffin

kennychaffin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Computer Engineer
    Aurora, CO
    Sounds broke to me.

5. Aloha5o

Aloha5o New Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Regional airline pilot
    Hawaii & Georgia
    Thanks for the tips, the problem seems to be intermittent, while it was on going most of yesterday, the screen is working just fine right now. I'll post a screen shot next time, and also try the long hold and drag. I also tried refreshing the wallpaper, but this didn't change it. I was thinking it might be a wallpaper issue, since it did not show on the wake-up screen, only after sliding the unlock.

6. Aloha5o

Aloha5o New Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Regional airline pilot
    Hawaii & Georgia
    Update - The problem reared it's ugly face again not 5 minutes after I made my last post. So I stopped by the Verizon store on the way home today, they also tried refreshing the wallpaper, but no joy. They concluded it was a software problem, and a total system reboot would fix it.

Sure enough, it worked, however, it also reset the phone back to factory settings, so all my customization and apps were lost, frustrating! But a least its working again. They also said if it happens again, they would give me a new phone. S0 now I get to spend the next several days trying to remember which apps I had and re-pimping my home pages.

7. kennychaffin

kennychaffin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Computer Engineer
    Aurora, CO
    Hmmm, certainly could be software....but....here's hoping for the best!