Hello Everyone

Last Updated:

1. bass2rez

bass2rez Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hello Everyone,

Got my first Android phone recently, an HTC Desire, just when it looks like they are now releasing the HTC Desire HD.. ah well, I'm sure the one I have got is fine ;)

It also appears I got one of the new S-LCD models when I really wanted an AMOLED screen. This will teach me to take so long to decide to get one.

For the last number of years I have had Sony Ericsson phones, the most recent being the W995. It took me ages to decide to get the Desire, mainly because I was worried about inferior sound quality. I decided to get one and if the sound was terrible, I would just have to get a separate MP3 player. As it happens, the sound quality is acceptable, although it could be louder. I'm sure I'll find a post about this issue, and if not, I'll create one.

Looking forward to finding out all the things I can do with my new phone that I'll eventually not be able to live without :)

Cheers,
    Steve

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Steve,

Welcome to Android Forums! Glad you signed up. :D

Steven

3. Leftyguy

Leftyguy Well-Known Member

Hi Steve - Glad your onboard with the Android Forums - Cheers :p

4. HTC-Fandroid

HTC-Fandroid Well-Known Member

Hi Steve and welcome on board. :)

Been an S.E user for years and finally decided to go for a real phone ;) opted for the Wildfire, wanna swap. :D

Learnin loads here.

HTC-F

5. bass2rez

Thanks for the kind welcomes, Steven58 and Leftyguy :)

And HTC-Fandroid, I thought the screen on the Wildfire was too much the same size as the W995, and I wanted a GIGANTIC screen so i could impress people ;) Although the new Samsung and UK version of the Evo are even more huge, but at the end of the day, the thing has to fit in your pocket without snapping in half...

So, now I'm onto my quest for bigger and deeper sound on the Android phones. I'm into techno, so I'm a bit deaf now. I need to compensate.

Cool forum.

Cheers,
    Steve

6. bass2rez

And typing S.E. is lots easier than trying to remember how to type Sony Ericsson, I always have to look it up... I will remember that wee hint.