Hello Evo!

Last Updated:

1. daytonaUSA

daytonaUSA Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I figured I'd introduce myself here before I went off to the Evo forums. :)

I got an HTC Evo 4G on launch day, and I couldn't be happier. It's my first Android phone, and I'm personally glad I waited. The Incredible and the original Droid had me interested, but the Evo sealed the deal.

My name is Darryl, and I'm a graphic designer. I've been a Mac guy for over 11 years now, and my first foray into the smartphone world was with an iPhone 3G. I loved it, and thought it was amazing. I soon realized I needed some changes though to the OS for it to be more usable, and was honestly slightly disappointing with the 3GS, but still bought it as it was still much better than anything out on the market.

I'm a huge promoter of Apple products as I think most of the time they produce very high quality computers and gadgets, but unlike many other Mac fans, I am able to *shock* NOT be exited by something Job creates, and to be able to say "I'm sorry, but I actually don't like that".

It started with the iPad, in which I think is a horrible waste of money and time and was a huge let down for a then iPhone owner, and then with the details leaked on the 4th generation iPhone along with Job's presentation of the new iPhone's OS. I started seeing articles and ads for the Evo, and drooled over all the features I could have only dreamed of, and decided to make the plunge.

On top of that, with my company discount especially, I'm saving SO much money with my plan a month, it only made sense. I got my wife a Hero so she could contact her family and friends from Canada through Facebook (that way we weren't raped by "overseas" text fees), and I've never been happier!

I hope to be a contributing member here as well as learn even more about this OS and phone than I already have. See you out there!

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome! Jump right into the evo section why don'tcha? :)