• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

hello fellow driod users!

Kaseyrae

Lurker
Jun 22, 2010
CA
Hi my name is Kc. I'm from CA and I've had my moto driod since december. I joined this forum so I can use and customize my phone to the best of its abilaties! I love my droid, my only complaint is the cramed flat key pad. I chose the droid because I am a big texter and I wasn't really ready for JUST a touch screen however I liked the technology of it so much I wanted to have the best of both worlds. But the key board isn't all that great although I still love my phone! I lookd forward to contributing to this community

Welcome to Android Forums!

If you don't like the physical keyboard...you can customize one of your own here:

http://www.gimpsta.com/themer/main.php

This is a great site...I have a couple of Cowboys and Ohio State Keyboards and my wife has a pink keyboard to match her phone. These are based on the HTC keyboards that were ported to the Droid. You might find that useful ;)

Reactions: Kaseyrae
Upvote 0
You may have to play with the version numbers. I am running a Froyo (2.2) ROM on my Droid and the "V26 Froyo" version works whereas the "V27 Froyo" does not. If you can't install one version try another.

Here are some that I created (it only takes a couple of minutes to make one :))

hEJhRl.jpg
MiU4El.jpg

XQhc4l.jpg
Mnnspl.jpg

uv86il.jpg

Might be a little off topic...but what better way to welcome someone new the forums :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones