Last Updated:

1. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member Contributor This Topic's Starter

Oct 23, 2009
    OK, so I've been a member of the forum since late October 2009, about 3 months! So why, after 700 posts, am I just now introducing myself?

I first noticed Android, like everyone else did, when the G1 came to T-Mobile. I didn't think much about it, and went happily along with my Verizon LG Dare. When Verizon announced and poured millions of dollars into the release of the Motorola Droid, like most of us here, my interest peeked. I started searching online for Android info. I found most of the Android news related sites, found Androlib.com where I could browse the Market, and I found this forum. So I watched the news, found about 90 apps and 30 games which I bookmarked, knowing I would get to try them eventually on my Android phone, and I posted here. I posted in HTC Passion sub forum, and spend slow news days in the forum games area. I've even created a few simple Android animations to cull my passion while I wait.

During all this, what REALLY hooked me and would never let me go was stumbling across the early leaked photos of the Nexus One and talk of a 1Ghz Snapdragon phone. That's what I was going to wait for, it's just a month away per the rumors. November came and went, then December, then early January there it was, ON A GSM NETWORK! OK, I'll proudly admit I'm a Verizon fanboy, and don't plan to change soon. Don't want the Droid (too heavy), love the Eris but don't want to get stuck with it for a year when a faster phone is just around the corner.

So I started looking for a used one. eBay is selling them for $300 almost hourly. Craigslist has the occasional listing, but they are either too expensive for a used phone, or the price is right at they are grabbed up quickly. Well after about a month of looking, and getting beat to the punch on the good ones, I finally found an Eris on Craigslist. $200, new in box, never used, about 30 miles away. Made the trip this morning, met at a local Verizon store. Made the switch, put it on my account and I'm as happy as a lark (yea, OLD expression).

I still plan to get a 1Ghz Android phone, but now I'm extremely happy to be a part of the Android Army while I wait. I should be able to sell the Eris and make back what I paid for it, and I won't be tempted to JUMP on the 1st 1Ghz Android that comes the Verizon.

So that's my story. Sorry for the LONG introduction, but I'm very glad to be here, with an Android in my pocket!

2. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    welcome to the forum, glad to have ya aboard !
  3. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
  4. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

5. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009