Hello folks

Last Updated:

1. Segnale007

Segnale007 Member This Topic's Starter

Hello there, my name is Pietro and I am Italian. Currently I am an iPhone 4 user which is thinking to make the big switch to android. I gotta few questions to ask you about :) .

I would be selling my iPhone 4 to get the Samsung Galaxy Tab, but I am a bit worried about using it as cellphone, not that I use to make lot of phone calls though, but it will have to be also my primary cell phone, which will be mostly used as tablet anyways, but keep in mind that it needs to be used as cellphone as well. So my question regarding this its kinda simple, basically is it comfortable to make normal phone calls? and if yes how ... :)
    Second, can it be rooted ? if yes, how please. :p Third, is there something other than the market where I can get software from, like third part apps, something like cydia for the iPhone. Fourth and most important, will it be able to get update to further Android version or I'll be stuck on the default Android version forever ??

Thanks everyone :)
    Pietro

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome to the Android Forums community! Glad you signed up! Feel free to browse or join in the conversations! We welcome that! If you need help getting around, PM me, I'm told that I can be moderately helpful! :D

Heck yeah, it can be rooted!! There is market for 3rd party apps. There are several, in fact. Here's one: AppBrain Android Market - find the best Android Apps and Games

Enjoy!

3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!

4. Segnale007

Segnale007 Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you all guys :)