Hello folks

1. dominicanyor

dominicanyor Well-Known Member

what is the best settings to have the camera on so when i take pictures it comes out great, any help????????

Advertisement
    :
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Where to start!

I'm a HUGE photography nut! Changing your ISO and manually control your white balance will do WONDERS for your cellphone shots.
  3. dominicanyor

Some directions on how to do that please??????
  4. Kelmar

Open your Camera. Click Menu. Click White Balance.

Automatic SUCKS on this phone, it's rarely right for what you need. Incandescent = regular light bulbs, pretty self explanatory.... Select the one you want for your lighting situation. It's a PITA having to do it all the time, but it's the price you pay for decent pictures.

Camera > Menu > Settings > ISO

This is, essentially, how sensitive your camera will be to light. A low number such as 100 is great for bright situations such as the beach but horrible for night shots. A number such as 800 on the other hand will be much more useful for night shots but creates "grain" in the image that can make the image look poor.

FWIW, I refuse to shoot automatically with a real camera anymore. I feel I can get SOOOO much more control shooting manually then I ever could when shooting auto.
  5. dominicanyor

ok thanks for the info, so what number should i use for night shots when im on the beach or at a club? so the pictures could be nice.
  6. Kelmar

800 will allow the phone to hold as much light as possible and will help prevent the pictures from being blurry.
  7. dominicanyor

so should i use the 5m resolution or the 3m?
  8. Kelmar

Up to you. It'll just change the overall storage size (and dimension size) of the image. Might as well stick with 5M
  9. dominicanyor

Great thanks for the info, you sure know your stuff.:)
  10. Kelmar

Too bad we can't control shutter speed and f-stop... THAT would make my day!

... but then again... that's what a real camera is for :D
  11. dominicanyor

So when you take a picture do you tap on the screen or use the ball?
  12. Kelmar

I prefer to press the screen because I feel that I hold the phone steadier that way then when I press the trackball.

Trackball works too though, it all comes to personal preference.
  13. dominicanyor

Sometimes when i use the trackball i end up pressing menu or home at the same time. lol
  14. yolandarn

yolandarn New Member

how do i make the pictures less blurry. When i take pics with my HTC hero the picures are out of focus?/ Help.