Hello from a Nokia fan!

Last Updated:

1. poloballs

poloballs New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all!

I don't own an Android phone, yet. I'm sporting an N95 right now, and for the last year I've been drooling over the Nokia N900 - which uses the open Maemo OS. Unfortunately the N900 is $550 unlocked, and T-Mo is showing no signs of carrying it anytime soon.

So that led me to read up on the Android OS, and I have to say I'm very excited about it. Initially I thought the Droid might be a good candidate for my first Android phone, since it has a similar form factor as the N900 (i.e it has a physical keyboard), but I don't really like the idea of switching to Verizon. So that leaves the Nexus One. I'll have to find one I can try out to see if I can deal with the on-screen keyboard.

If that doesn't work then I might grab a used G1 off of eBay and see how it does on EDGE for AT&T. I'll get my hands on an Android phone one way or another! Once I do I can come back and start posting about my experiences with Android, instead of just boring everybody with my fantasies. :)

Thanks for the great forum, all. Keep up the good work.

Advertisement
  2. sthoeft

sthoeft Active Member

If you want a Keyboard, why don't a Milestone, thats the Droid just for GMX and 3G and not for CDMA. You should be able to use the Milestone with AT&T if I'm right.

3. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Welcome to AF! :D

4. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

5. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Welcome to Android Forums!! :)

6. poloballs

poloballs New Member This Topic's Starter

Wow, these are very friendly forums. Thanks for the greetings, all!

@sthoeft, that's a good tip about the Moto Milestone. I don't know if it would get 3G in the US, since it's 900/2100 UMTS (and we in the states love to be different, with our 850/1700/1900 bands). But I would have no problem getting Voice/EDGE on either AT&T or T-Mo, and it does have the keyboard I prefer.