Hello, from Alaska

Last Updated:

1. AlaskanDroid

AlaskanDroid Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, everyone :)

Well, I live in Alaska, work in Engineering & Surveying in the Arctic oilfields and beyond. I am a married father of soon to be 4, and I work away from home typically 2 weeks at a time.

I am on an Alaskan Cell Company (ousts ATT and Verizon), ACS. I have an HTC Hero (sprint style), this is my second Smartphone, first was a Blackberry, which I loved, and miss despite the awesomeness of the Hero :p

I am a big app user, primarily for production (while in the field) and have not been disappointed yet, the ingenuity is astounding. I am a heavy GPS user.

As far as what I hope to get out of the forums, I am very interested in rooting. I want to come to some determination whether I should, or should not root. I do not know enough to determine if the benefits would outweigh potential cons. The biggest drive, is that I direly want to get rid of the useless 'Footprints' type OEM Apps. I hate that I have to make special adjustments to deal with them.

Running Android 1.5, we don't get 2.1 until perhaps May :( That is probably my biggest irritation with this phone, no MMS. It's bullcrap.

Anyway, hello!

Matthew

Advertisement
  2. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

welcome aboard!!! glad to have ya here.

3. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

4. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Welcome to Android Forums!! :)