• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

hello from California

I just got my first Android phone on Friday (a Samsung Captivate from wirefly.com), service started on Saturday and have been playing with it ever since. Minus a few issues, I love it. If I could fix those issues, it'd be really fantastic and I'd love it more. But enough about that. I'm new, I'm here, hello! ::waves::

What do u feel after using this mobile? Do u think is there any competitive in market?

This is my first touchscreen phone so it's hard to compare it to what else is out there. My parents have iPhones and a Samsung Solstice. Other than just playing around with the apps they've downloaded, I don't have any other experience with them. I'd say the Captivate is better than the Solstice (mostly due to the screen size) and pretty even with the iPhone.

Before deciding on the Captivate, I was originally going to get a MyTouch 3g with T-Mobile. I'd been wanting one of those for over a year and when I finally got serious about switching cell providers (I just came from MetroPCS) and went into an AT&T store with my sister to look around (she's craving a BB Torch) and found the Captivate. Then I found out my work gives a monthly discount through AT&T, but not T-Mobile so I got the Captivate.

Ok enough rambling from me for now. lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones