Hello from Maine

Last Updated:

1. mamakin4

mamakin4 New Member This Topic's Starter

Complete newby to android: only know that I'm not a fan of Apple for a variety of reasons and don't trust windows (pc is like molasses). Trying out a Samsung Moment and am surprised to find that I am repeatedly mapped as being in Nairobi by Google map. I'm trying to convince myself that this phone is really as good or better than iPhone so I have a few weeks to figure it out, "buyers remorse" and all.
    Looking forward to tips/tricks: like how to take a pic on the fly (like iPhone does)....how to get myself out of Nairobi and pinned to where I actually am, how and when to upgrade to 2.0 android and how to import Facebook contacts into my phone contacts (Motorola Cliq did this and while I sent phone back, I loved this feature.)

Looking for any and all reasons that this phone is the one for me. Otherwise, I have decided to go iPhone, which I really don't want to do.

Thanks for the forum and any information you have. I'm fairly computer literate but feel like Helen Keller BEFORE Anne Sullivan with this thing. Heck, my pc doesn't even recognize it in Samsung PC studio. Maybe that's because I remain in "Nairobi". Nairobi, Maine, I guess....just outside of Portland :confused:

Peace
    Melissa

Advertisement
  2. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

welcome Melissa. Not sure why maps shows you there, though. You should take it to the Sprint store and see if their demo unit does the same while standing there. If not it could be a GPS issue, if it does it could be software glitch.

3. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

welcome....................

4. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

5. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One... VIP Member

Welcome to the Forums!

6. BlackInjun

BlackInjun Well-Known Member

It sounds like you do not have the cl14 update, if you dogo to the sprint store have them do it or go ahead and download it from sprint but read it carefully and follow all directions. Otherwise the last post maybe right software or hardware issue.

7. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Welcome to Android Forums!! :)