• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hello from me.

I am new to Android or anything else. I am looking to purchase an eBook tablet and am so confused about everything. Thought I could get some pros and cons about a variety of devices on the market and see which one or ones are the most popular, easiest to use (I am electronically challenged) and which one is the best value for the costs. So if anyone out there has an opinion, I sure would like to hear it. I need help!

I am new to Android or anything else. I am looking to purchase an eBook tablet and am so confused about everything. Thought I could get some pros and cons about a variety of devices on the market and see which one or ones are the most popular, easiest to use (I am electronically challenged) and which one is the best value for the costs. So if anyone out there has an opinion, I sure would like to hear it. I need help!

I just got a Nook by Barnes & Noble, and I love it! Nice 6" e-ink screen for easy reading, small color LCD touchscreen at the bottom for navigating through menues, and easy to use. Picked up a refurbished one from Amazon for $110 with free shipping, can't beat that price! And only way i can tell it's a refurb is that is says so on the receipt. Otherwise, looks brand new, and works flawlessly. I got the one from Toy Fuzz:

Amazon.com: Used and New: Barnes and Noble NOOK eBook Reader (WiFi only) [ Black & White ]

Also picked up this case to go with it:

Amazon.com: JAVOedge MiMo Case for Barnes & Nobles Nook (Black) - First Generation: Electronics

Really love this thing so far. Easy to read on, easy to load books onto, and easy to use. Also able to use many different formats with no conversion, so I can even check out e-books from my library and put them on my Nook. Can't do that with a Kindle unless you convert the format, and sounds like you want something simple and easy to use. I vote for Nook! Oh, and on a side note, even with the case on, I can just fit it into the thigh pocket of my cargo pants!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones