Hello from Michigan & Help with phone selection.

Last Updated:

1. Redneckrocket

Redneckrocket Member This Topic's Starter

Hello I'm from Michigan and have been lurking the site for about a week. I'm having trouble choosing which phone i would like to get for my renewal with sprint. I am looking at the Hero and Evo.

I know the Evo is a much better phone but I'm not sure if I want to get it with all of the battery life issues I've been hearing about. Sure I can tweak it to make it "better" and/or buy a higher mAh battery, but for $199 I don't want to drop a bunch of money into it.

I've heard the hero also has it's issues such as the lag and delayed calls. At walmart its $48.88 right now so its much lighter on the wallet. I really don't like the looks of the phone much myself, I find it kinda dated looking.

I really like the look/feel of the Evo and I could deal with the battery I guess, But the Hero's price tag looks much more appealing for my first android phone.

Suggestions and/or corrections highly appreciated. Thank You and love the site!

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Welcome aboard!

I'll be moving this to the Sprint forum where you can get more advice.

Personally, I own a Hero and my wife owns and Evo and both are great phones.

3. Redneckrocket

I'm sorry I didn't see the sticky, my bad.

4. Kelmar

It's ok :)

5. jonwlewis

jonwlewis Well-Known Member

I have an EVO and have not had battery issues at all. It the phone I recommend. The Hero is ok, but the EVO rocks!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk Pro.

6. SoulTerror

SoulTerror Well-Known Member

I would suggest the EVO due to the Hero being a dying phone basically. Not gonna receive any more official updates.

7. Redneckrocket

Does anyone know when they are gonna get more Evo's in stock? I dont know if i want the white or the normal black, i guess ill have to see a white first.

8. Kelmar

The white, to my knowledge, is a Best Buy Exclusive.

I was able to pick one up at Best Buy without any problem. None of the local Sprint stores were going to have one for at least 3 weeks.