Hello from the land of Igloos and Polar Bears and Hockey!

Last Updated:

1. stygarfield

stygarfield New Member This Topic's Starter

And Beer! Don't forget the beer!

Why hello there fellow surfers of the series of tubes!

I have recently come in need of a new phone - it has been.... 4 years since my last upgrade in hardware, and sufficient to say, things have changed quite a bit!

I am undecided as to which new phone I want to get, the Iphone4 looks very shiny and chouette. That being said, I have heard some things about it, and am leaning more towards the android genre.

So, tubers - please to help me decide! As stated in the title of this strange thread, I live in a very snowy land (well, this time of year it's quite nice actually... and you know what - we don't get much snow where I am either... but you know what I mean). So there is a limited choice of phones. I am only able to afford an upgrade with an accompanying contract - meaning I cant travel down to the south and get a super expensive phone, just to use it up here.

Advertisement
  2. stygarfield

So... I've been doing some researching, and it looks like I have a couple options:

Door 1: Iphone4

Door 2: Iphone 3GS

Door 3: Motorola Milestone (Droid)

Door 4: HTC Desire

3. ari-free

ari-free Well-Known Member

Canada? You should soon be able to get Samsung Galaxy S there

4. stygarfield

Yeah, in like september... is it worth the wait? Plus - I'd rather go with telus if possible, the airline i work for gets an awesome deal with them :)

5. Megs

Megs Well-Known Member

I must say hello to a fellow Canuck! So, hi!

All I know is that trying to get OS updates through Rogers is like pulling teeth on a very large and angry cat without it being anesthetized (dart gun anyone?).

I don't know about Bell though or Telus. Bell doesn't even rate its own forum on here yet either! There's a Telus one though! *grins evilly*