Hello from Washington Developer

Last Updated:

1. mmaitlen

mmaitlen Member This Topic's Starter

Signing up after seeing my game, Jumpy, reviewed by Android Guys, (http://androidguys.com/?p=2864) and seeing the add for the forum. And yes I agree, still work to be done. Got a couple other apps going, along with some sample code on my blog that I'm working on...busy, busy.

Have had my G1 since initial weekend of release. Love the device, love the development environment and everything that Google and the rest of the OHA have put into delivering an initial product. But would love to see T-Mobile extend its 3G service just a bit more south of Seattle.

- michael

Advertisement
  2. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember VIP Member

Welcome! Always great to have another developer.

3. ppcinfo

ppcinfo Member

What part of Washington are you from?

4. mmaitlen

mmaitlen Member This Topic's Starter

I'm from Tacoma, are you from Washington also?

5. ppcinfo

ppcinfo Member

I'm in Issaquah. I've been a Microsoft Pocket PC/Windows Mobile applications developer since the first Pocket PCs appeared 7 years ago. It's been a part-time venture (I write apps after hours), but it seems that PDAs are dying off in favor of smartphones, and the Windows Mobile OS is falling out of favor for the iPhone and G1 OS.

I'm entertaining the possibility of programming for the Android OS devices, however, I have a few hurdles to overcome (i.e., learning Java and Android OS programming, etc). Currently, it seems you can only program from the Java layer, and you're limited to what is available in the APIs. It's unfortunate that you can't dig down deeper into the core OS using C or C++ programming.
    ppcinfo

6. drustvold

drustvold Well-Known Member

Hopefully they'll open this up a bit more, or give more apis to work with