• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hello from Washington Developer

Signing up after seeing my game, Jumpy,http://androidguys.com/?p=2864 reviewed by Android Guys, (http://androidguys.com/?p=2864) and seeing the add for the forum. And yes I agree, still work to be done. Got a couple other apps going, along with some sample code on my blog that I'm working on...busy, busy.

Have had my G1 since initial weekend of release. Love the device, love the development environment and everything that Google and the rest of the OHA have put into delivering an initial product. But would love to see T-Mobile extend its 3G service just a bit more south of Seattle.

- michael

I'm in Issaquah. I've been a Microsoft Pocket PC/Windows Mobile applications developer since the first Pocket PCs appeared 7 years ago. It's been a part-time venture (I write apps after hours), but it seems that PDAs are dying off in favor of smartphones, and the Windows Mobile OS is falling out of favor for the iPhone and G1 OS.

I'm entertaining the possibility of programming for the Android OS devices, however, I have a few hurdles to overcome (i.e., learning Java and Android OS programming, etc). Currently, it seems you can only program from the Java layer, and you're limited to what is available in the APIs. It's unfortunate that you can't dig down deeper into the core OS using C or C++ programming.
ppcinfo

Upvote 0
I'm in Issaquah. I've been a Microsoft Pocket PC/Windows Mobile applications developer since the first Pocket PCs appeared 7 years ago. It's been a part-time venture (I write apps after hours), but it seems that PDAs are dying off in favor of smartphones, and the Windows Mobile OS is falling out of favor for the iPhone and G1 OS.

I'm entertaining the possibility of programming for the Android OS devices, however, I have a few hurdles to overcome (i.e., learning Java and Android OS programming, etc). Currently, it seems you can only program from the Java layer, and you're limited to what is available in the APIs. It's unfortunate that you can't dig down deeper into the core OS using C or C++ programming.
ppcinfo

Hopefully they'll open this up a bit more, or give more apis to work with

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones