Hello......I have a bluetooth question

Last Updated:

1. Rockdog

Rockdog Member

I am new to this site and new to my Motorola Droid. I have a Pioneer car stereo with bluetooth. I had a BB storm and I was able to send my contacts so I can use the voice command. I can pair my droid with my stereo but I can't seem send any data........I would love some help, please let me know if anybody has this problem.

Thank you,

2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I am not 100% sure, but I *think* that this is a known limitation of the 2.0.x / 2.1 ROMs. I have not seen this mentioned as having been fixed in the 2.2 releases, either, but those are so new that it may have been and we just don't know about it yet.

3. Rockdog

Rockdog Member

I hope this gets fixed, it makes my hands free voice commands useless. Besides that I would have to say that the droid is much better then the storm.

Thanks for the info...

4. sponge

sponge Member

What Pioneer model? I have synced mine to my Avic-F90BT.

5. Rockdog

Rockdog Member

I have a DEH-P7100BT, I can connect to it. The music sounds great and I can talk fine. My droid can send music and phone calls it just cant send the phonebook

6. sponge

sponge Member

Try using Bluetooth File Transfer from the market.

7. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Sponge, will that assist in synchronizing the contacts to a BT head unit (car stereo)?

8. DrDiff

DrDiff Well-Known Member

Root and upgrade to Froyo. Solves the blue tooth problem

9. sponge

sponge Member

yes - I was able to use BFT to send contacts to my Pioneer head unit. It worked - sort of. I was able to dial out using the contacts in the head unit, but all incoming calls showed up as "unknown". I wound up having to copy the contacts off of the Pioneer to CF, and edit the contacts using SQL Lite to remove the spaces in the phone numbers. Not as plug and play as I would like, but I got it working. Now that I have the SQL file, I can make changes easily without having to sync via BT. I'm not sure how other units w/o CF and a hackable Win CE OS will be able to deal with Droid contact syncing.

Jim

10. Rockdog

Rockdog Member

I cant seem to find where my contacts are stored, any idea?

Thanks for your help

11. Rockdog

Rockdog Member

I'm not sure how it happened (i think the bluetooth transfer app) but it worked. Thanks to everyone that helped.

Rocky