Support Hello, Im New and this Samsung Behold 2 has me ready to pull out my hair!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by brandy_02yr, Sep 15, 2010.

1. brandy_02yr

brandy_02yr New Member

Sep 7, 2010
    :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:I have been trying to use my behold 2 as a modem for my laptop. Everytime it tries to search driver it says not successful. It recognizes and finds a driver under mass storage mode but not as pc studio. I have browsed this site and seen this question many, many times. Yet whenever I try to download the drivers it still says not completed, or installed unsuccessfully. I consider myself a pretty smart individual but this has me baffled. I contacted Samsung and was told that they do not make a driver for the Behold 2. Also my phone will not download the latest OTA software. My phone is still running the original t939uvij6 version. I do not know if this is why but I have contacted Tmobile several times about getting the latest software and they keep telling me to wait until I recieve it over the air Mon, Wed or Fri. That was about two weeks ago, and Ive switched computers about 3 times (now I have a Dell Inspiron 1545), thinkin the fault was the laptops not the phone. Now I am not so sure, I am desperately in need of some assistance if anyone could help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH
    VIP Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    There's always rooting, although you may want to wait for the OTA to come through first. Root solves a multitude of issues. :)

3. brandy_02yr

brandy_02yr New Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Well, I finally got the drivers downloaded and PdaNet is connected through usb to my computer........but my phone keeps freezing and locking up. Rooting seems really technical and I would hate to brick my phone or mess up the new computer trying to root when i have no idea what im doing.......

4. j0hnh0lmes

j0hnh0lmes Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    The OTA has been pulled. You have to odin to a newer rom to get the 1.6 OTA. Please look in this section for everything you need for odin, adb, and roms.

Behold 2 - All Things Root - Android Forums

Also remember that if you update to the 1.6 OTA you have to push a few files to get tether to work again.

5. brandy_02yr

brandy_02yr New Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Im trying and learning this as I go. I am using easy tether now and I have an internet connection. As for the OTA software, my phone still has not recieved the update. I believe it has been sent to my phone but I am unable to download it. I am not technical savvy enought to attempt a flash or root, at least not with my phone :). But I appreciate all your hnuelp and maybe I can figure it out one day. Thanks bunches:p

6. j0hnh0lmes

j0hnh0lmes Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    You won't be able to download the OTA. They discontinued it.