• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hello, I'm new here, and new to Android too !

wowee

Lurker
Feb 26, 2012
I'm Wowee,

Having had old fasioned mobile phones for many years, I've dragged myself into the 21st century and bought a smartphone (Samsung Galaxy S2).

This is in the hope that I can access my emails while I'm out and about (run my own business), and use some neat business apps, as well as use it for fun stuff and music.

I think I'm reasonably tech savvy - used to do tech support and training in a PC dealership. But it's a steep learning curve .. so I'll say sorry now for asking stupid questions in the next few weeks.

My first - and most important- problem to solve is how to get my Outlook 2010 contacts and calendars accessible on my phone. Do I use gmail and sync to that, or a different tool entirely?

Look forward to 'meeting' everybody.

Hello and welcome to Android Forums. Congrats on the new S2. You've chosen a very popular phone that enjoys use on multiple providers. The phone varies a bit from carrier to carrier so you will want to follow the link below for your exact scenario for the best support for your questions. You will love your phone once you get it set up to be the tool you rely on. Have fun and thanks for using these forums.
Samsung Galaxy S2 (AT&T) - Android Forums (For AT&T)
Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile) - Android Forums (For T-Mobile)
Samsung Epic 4G Touch - Android Forums (For Sprint)
Samsung Galaxy S2 (International) - Android Forums (For International)
Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket - Android Forums
Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket HD - Android Forums

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones