Hello!!! iPhone user here to research!!

Last Updated:

1. Saeros

Saeros Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hello!

Sick of my iPhone and how friggen locked down you are using it. Looking to research, and garner some of your expertise! So far this seems like the most informational forum out there!

Hope to learn what phone to get and enjoy all that Android has to offer,

Thanks!!

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Welcome aboard!

My wife just recently made the switch and is happy so far :)

3. LiamSHepard

LiamSHepard Well-Known Member

I had the same dilemma before I bought my phone. What finally decided me was how Apple handled the reception problem on the iPhone 4 and iAds.

One advantage is most Android phones use removable micro SD cards. This means you can toss any mp3 on it. no more itunes verification. My phone for example can handle upgrading up to 32GB with a micro SD card. Out of the box this process of placing media on the phone is virtually "drag and drop."
    Most of the applications are free.
    If you don't feel like "rooting" your phone most "built-in" features offer more customization. If you do "root" your phone, you can do a lot more than just download "non-authorized" applications.
    These are things I took into consideration before I bought an Android phone. I have friends that are iPhone users and their is a small learning curve if you are converting to Android.
    If you are excited about the "latest version of Android" than you would want to look at HTC phones as they have a contract with Google and are generally updated with the latest version of Android.

Here is a link to a good lifehacker article: Jumping Ship from iPhone to Android: A Switcher's Guide

4. BadSectorGR

BadSectorGR Active Member

Hi and welcome! I am doing same "switch" this Friday, leaving iphone for Desire. I got angry with apple and how they treat customers thinking that they are stupid...and I want to try Android because one year now I was covering disadvantages of iphone saying to myself "yes, but it is pretty and designful". Well, not anymore....

5. Saeros

Saeros Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hey thanks for the reply everyone!! I'll read up on that switching guide for sure. I've used Android on friends phones a few times... It looks very cool. But with my carrier I'm on (Rogers), there really isn't anything out there at the minute. So I'm going to wait and see what the fall brings us in terms a new phones.

6. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

On behalf of the Android Forum Team, I would like to warmly welcome you here!

7. LiamSHepard

LiamSHepard Well-Known Member

They are not my favorite carrier, but T-Mobile allows you to make call using wireless even if you have no signal strength. I don't know who this is done on an android phone. My company has an employee in the backwoods of Tennessee that uses this method to make phone calls as she never has signal.
    Pehaps someone else has more information.

8. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Welcome!