Hello, new Droid X user

Last Updated:

1. edgeman4

edgeman4 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, new user here, with a brand new Droid X (and fingers crossed it can be hacked). Been loving it so far, it's really sturdy, no flex, no creaking with a nice finish. I do not like the Moto Blur stuff, it honestly does seem to slow things down every now and then. Well see you guys in the forums.

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

i have the x too. i had the incredible before. the moto ui does not seem to slow thing down any more than any other interface like sense ui, from my perspective. I don't use it, though, on the other hand. I have my phone set up more like sense ui.

Try this forum out: Motorola Droid X - Android Forums I look forward to seeing you there!

and...Welcome to Android Forums! We hope you find it a helpful place!

edgeman4 likes this.
  3. SporkLover

SporkLover Well-Known Member

By hacked, should be able to root it eventually. Custom Roms are probably a pipe dream; Motorola really has locked down the bootloader/recovery.

Congrats, it's a great phone!

4. edgeman4

edgeman4 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well that is good to know, thanks. I was wondering, since you do not use the built in UI, if I were to install a different home screen, would the motoblur stuff still be running in the background because it is built it? What is a good home screen to run?

5. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Welcome to the Android Forums!

edgeman4 likes this.