Hello. Rooting a Generic Android Tablet called B-Pad

Last Updated:

1. thewebdudemajo

thewebdudemajo New Member

Hello There everyone! my name is Paul and i just got a generic 7inch 2 Sim Tablet called B-Pad for my wife! See attached Picture!
    The tablet is OK for its price and runs on Gingerbread 2.3.6. However, the manufacturer locked the Network Mode to Edge only so browsing on it with your network provider is a drag! With WiFi its no problem! This is the reason i want to root the device so i can unlock the network mode and have faster browsing speeds. The speed is a major complaint from the wife and i need to sort it out fast to have some peace! lol! Any advice or pointers on how to root the device will be appreciated.
    The device specifications i could garner from the phone are as follows
    Model Number: M005
    Android Version: 2.3.6
    Baseband Version: MAUI.11AMD.W11.37.SP.V8, 2011/11/03 13:36
    Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7
    Build Number: ALPS.GB.FDD2.MP.V3.14
    Custom Build Version: release.V2.01

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Hello and ni hao Paul, welcome to Android Forums.

Think you've a very unknown device here. Can't find any technical information at all about this one at all, even on Chinese forums. Have you tried any of the universal rooting tools like SuperOneClick? So it's supposed to have 3G, yet it appears to be locked to EDGE.

I'd guess it might have been intended to be sold by China Mobile dealers. China Mobile operates a very extensive EDGE network, and their own unique TD-CDMA 3G network. It could also be that the 3G just doesn't work properly, or it may not even have 3G. It just has a cheapo GSM/EDGE only radio module. Many counterfeit iPhones were made like this

From the pictures, it's very much an Apple iPad knock-off. :rolleyes: With the knock-offs, often they can't be identified, and the anonymous manufacturers don't really care anyway.