Hello there.

Last Updated:

1. PiPerson95

PiPerson95 New Member This Topic's Starter

So, I just ordered my HTC Hero from CREDO Mobile yesterday (7/9/2010). It should get to me some time next week.

I live in Washington Heights, which is near the northern end of Manhattan in New York City.

I use Mac OS X for my computer. I have a Windows XP virtual machine, which I would only use for updating software with HTC Sync.

I really look forward to my first Android phone! :)

Advertisement
  2. R_Sparkk

R_Sparkk Active Member

Pi35,

I wonder, what do you think of Calculus? Think there are any cool function apps that might interest you? I'm curious, too.

R

3. Bnice

Bnice Guest

Hello and welcome to the world of Android ,but how come you didn't go for Evo?

4. PiPerson95

5. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Welcome to the Android Forums!

"If you can't convince them, confuse them." - Harry Truman

6. smackson

smackson New Member

I am considering switching from Sprint to Credo. I know that you "have to" use one of Credo's phones, and the HTC Hero is it for the Android models.

But, if I switch, could I get a Hero and then swap the SIM card (or do some other fairly trivial steps) to start using my Sprint EVO on my Credo plan? I believe Credo uses the physical Sprint network, so this might make it more viable?

If no one is sure on the answer, I'm not going to try to pull it off. Might switch to Credo anyway, their mission is awesome and I keep hearing good things.... like, 30 min of free calls per month to Obama and/or your Congresspeople!! Whatwhat!!

Thanks!

7. PiPerson95

@smackson - CREDO is a CDMA network, so they don't use SIM cards (except on world phones like the Blackberry Tour). I don't think you'll be able to do what you have in mind.