• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 'Hello' turnoff problem

many thanks, is there any way to turn it off? failing that, how do I end a call if the screen is black?
Basically, when you put your phone to your ear, the phone goes blank. This is so you don't accidently click 'End Call' when holding it against your face (Since the phone is touch and all). So when you move the phone away from your face, the screen will come back on and you can click end call :)
Try it by ringing your house phone or something, and putting your finger along the HTC logo at the top of the phone :)

Upvote 0
Basically, when you put your phone to your ear, the phone goes blank. This is so you don't accidently click 'End Call' when holding it against your face (Since the phone is touch and all). So when you move the phone away from your face, the screen will come back on and you can click end call :)
Try it by ringing your house phone or something, and putting your finger along the HTC logo at the top of the phone :)

So far as I can tell, as soon as I dial a number the screen goes 'off' before I lift it to my ear .....

The screen doesn't come back on, when I move it away .....

HELP!! lol

Upvote 0
Unboxed this phone about an hour ago, my brother has just bought it. We are having exactly the same problem, tried the proximity sensor and if it is that its jammed on, any test apps ship with the desire? the *#*#1234#*#* (which works on my galaxy) doesnt work on the desire to check if its the prox sensor.

Did anyone figure out how to fix this? Or do we have a lemon?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones