Hello World

Last Updated:

1. IAmCorbin

IAmCorbin New Member This Topic's Starter

I am a developer who currently spends his weekends making pizzas at a locally owned pizza shop in Northern Michigan. My weeks have been spent studying and working on various projects as I work to become a better developer. Over the past 4 months I have been putting together my own CMS ( IAmCorbin's MooKit at master - GitHub ) as a learning experience and as part of the process in building my own development company. I believe in Open Source and want to start making my own contributions.

I am also familiar with C++ and played around with OpenGL and SDL. Over the winter I worked on building the beginnings of a game engine ( IAmCorbin's SDL_OpenGL_app at master - GitHub ). So far it's very basic and includes classes for creating simple 3D shapes (cubes, tetrahedrons, and a room class that ties together cube objects), a movement class that allows shapes to be linked to game controllers or the keyboard, and also a way to navigate and move the camera around the virtual world with the keyboard and mouse. There is no collision detection or "point" to anything yet, but I did learn a ton about working in 3-dimensional space with vector math.

I just got an HTC EVO and love it!
    I bought a Java book and an Android 2 development book and plan on getting to those next and would like to build something to tie into the CMS I'm working on, right after finishing my current side-track....I recently purchased a refurbished wiimote online after seeing these videos ( Johnny Chung Lee - Projects - Wii ). I already had a bluetooth adapter to connect to my linux machine and went to radio shack and bought some infrared LEDs, LED holders, a AA battery holder and then to the hardware store for a switch and a 1 1/4" diameter 6" long segment of clear tubing to build my own infrared light bar. I have seen the wiimote being used on the android already and would like to work on some head tracking games for android. I don't know much about building electrical circuits but I have been meaning to get around to it for a while and have one of those 300-in-one kits that I just got out to start playing with and in the process of looking for some introductory videos stumbled onto this excellent set of physics lectures from Berkley and am about half way through them now.

Oh, and I am a vegetarian. I love mountain biking and got a nice new bike this past winter that I have been hitting the trails since the snow melted. I also think that we all need to drastically rethink how we are living and work to build new types of locally sustainable communities that take advantage of all these great communication technologies to help us connect, share, learn, and grow (plants, knowledge, creative ideas, or whatever!) with each other.

Thanks to anyone who took the time to read this.

I have a web space at IAmCorbin.net

Advertisement
    bigdroid likes this.
  2. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Welcome to Android Forums!! :)