hello wtf help pleaseSupport

1. Arsis

Arsis Active Member

Hello everyone i just came from a lg esteem on metro and finally wanted a new phone.So i live in boston where mpcs offers the byod so i bought the optimus g pro had it unlocked went to metro and got a new sim and activation.

So i boot the phone and i see i have metro service so its working but im on edge speed??? I asked guys at att and metro reps if i would get 4g with this phone they all said yes im not getting 4g i pulled the battery and sim nothing still on edge,will i eventually get 4g once metro and tmobile are done with merging there networks,or am i screwed.ive looked around the web but havnt found much info and i do usually search before asking.

Any answer would be appreciated thank you

Advertisement
  2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ # Moderator

You've probably already checked this but do you have a setting on your phone for network mode? I have a different phone altogether and just kinda stumbled across your question. Anyway on my device in the settings at data usage > more > mobile networks > network mode > LTE. Your setup may be a little different but its just a thought.

If not that, I'd wonder if you are getting the advertised coverage. Here, TMO claims 4G where I'm at but you're lucky to even get Edge in reality. Different carrier but perhaps a similar kinda deal. Hope that's not the case. :rolleyes:
    scary alien and Arsis like this.
  3. slipkn0t2012

slipkn0t2012 Well-Known Member

Check your apn settings as well, to make sure they are correct
    scary alien and Arsis like this.
  4. Arsis

Arsis Active Member

ty for the reply i was sure it was the apn settings i just had to go threw 10 reps to get one that knew wtf he was talking about lol,any got g pro at att for 400$$!!! thats cheap sick phone does everything you could want,anyway
    if anyone wants to grab and goto metro here is the info,

name: andriod
    apn: fast.t-mobile.com
    mcc: 310
    mnc: 260

leave everything else blank and you should have 4g bam!
    iowabowtech and scary alien like this.