• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Hello xt9 problem??

wellz1892

May 2, 2010
hi all this is my 2nd post on here...

had the desire for about 3 weeks now and am really loving it, nice to have a different phone and learning how to do certain things with it....

i apologise in advance if this has been asked before or if there is another thread (had a scan but didnt see one)

there is only one issue i have i dont like to predictive text....but even with all the settings turned off xt9 still kicks in??

can anyone suggest anything to stop this or an app possibly??

i like to have my keypad set to phone keypad...if i select qwerty it goes but in not the best on a qwerty :D

many thanks

Edit1: Scratch this:

I'm not sure wheter i'm correct on this, but try it anyway.

First on your phone keypad make sure 'abc' is selected and not xt9. Then go to the settings of the keyboard, tap text input, then unbox prediction, spell correction in qwerty (just in case) and where it says 'phone keypad & compat qwerty unbox spell correction and word completion

Edit1: I now understand your problem. Even when you select abc it won't stay there. It reverts to xt9 by default.

I'm sorry mate, can't help you with that one. You might have better luck installing another keyboard. Try looking into 'better keyboard'

Reactions: wellz1892
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones