Hello y'all - Droid 2 convert here

Last Updated:

1. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

After being a diehard Droid 1er, I am on my 4th or 5th replacement (mainly build quality issues). So they are giving me a Droid 2. It is bittersweet because I like the improvements in the Droid 2, but I LOVE the original as I popped my rooting cherry with this one and it has been quite the workhorse.

I am very experienced with root, troubleshooting, ROMs, kernels, failure and success with these phones.
    I will miss my Droid 1 subforum and the people that I been helped by and helped myself.

With that said, let's get it going and hopefully I will have this phone for more than 9 months, lol.
    Nick

PS - look up my previous posts and you will see my skills ;) lol

Advertisement
  2. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

You gonna start reviewing ROMs for the Droid?????

and im very well aware that you are far from a noooooob

3. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Welcome inssane. Glad to have a another member with street(android ecperience)cred;)
    Our D2 community is still small, so dont let that get you down. There is not too much action here yet, compared to the D1 forums.

I also had a D1 which i loved, but only for a couple of months. I originally came from an Eris.

I have no complaints about this phone. I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

See ya around...

4. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I can review away, it seems (at a brief glance) that the ROMs now are pretty glitchy.

Don't worry, I will stir up things here. Through trial and error I one click rooted the D2 - there were "common" hang ups during the process that I overcame, it was just challenging.
    I may do a write up that makes it VERY easy. I had to take from about 6 different sources to get it right.

Thanks for the open arm welcome.

RJT185 likes this.
  5. RJT185

RJT185 VIP Member VIP Member

Welcome to the D2 party inssane!

6. juicem2

juicem2 New Member

Hi, I am hoping you guys and gals can aswer some questions for me. I had a rooted droid 1 that kept dropping calls at my house. So I called Verizon tech support and he thought the phone was defective and sent me another droid. So I flashed the stock 2.01 file to my droid let it stock update to 2.2(just incase they check). I received my refurbed droid and the keyboard was kind of wobbly and didn't click in. So I flashed the 2.01 rom on it and used dm updater to root the phone and installed rom manger and used my installed back up of chevy ss 4.7.Affter 2 weeks the wobble seemed worse. I called VZW and they sent me another droid1 . This click in to place but it still wobbles alot mor than my wifes droid1. what I mean by wobble is that when you slide it the keyboard doesn't slide evenly. My wife calles vzw to complain and now they are sending me a droid 2. Which I'm not to happy about because I know evrything about the droid 1. Anyway, sorry to ramble but, I have no clue how to root the droid 2 and am looking for help. The dm updater approoted my droids for me. i even had them running at 1.2 gigs with no issues. Can the droid 2 be overclocked at all? Does anyone know of an app that will automaticly root the droid 2? Mine will be here on Tues so im trying to find out now. Any help is greatly appreciated. sorry for the long post. Thanks. Mike

p.s just for the record the other droids have not dropped a call yet

7. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

Droid2 can not be rooted with an app. Look in the All things root section for rooting instructions.
    Droid2 can not yet be overclocked.

8. juicem2

juicem2 New Member

ok thanks super six . I'll hed over there to see if I can comprehend what is going on. The dm update was moremy speed but I'll check it out. Thank You.