Hello!

Last Updated:

1. jeffeynboo

jeffeynboo Member This Topic's Starter

I'm a long time Palm user dating back to the US Robotics days with the Palm Pilot 1000. I stayed with Palm when it came to smartphones from the early Treos and am currently using the Centro.

I had every intention of going to the Pre when my eligibility came up with Sprint to renew next month but happened to stumble on the Android OS, specifically the HTC Hero.

After reading the reviews about the Hero, I am now very much leaning towards leaving Palm and upgrading to the Android family.

One of my biggest hesitations between the Pre and Hero is, not surprisingly, the keyboard (or lack thereof). I was not a fan of the iPhone's virtual keyboard but I honestly haven't played too much with it other than at the Apple store. This was mainly due to frustration with all the mistakes I made while typing with it.

I visited a Sprint store this evening and although I was very impressed with the quality of the Hero, I had the same issues with the virtual keyboard. I know that the stupid tether attached to the device made it more difficult, but unless I play with one without it being on a leash, I won't get a sense of whether or not I will get used to the keyboard.

Anyone who went from a phone with a physical keyboard to the Hero's virtual keyboard now prefer the virtual version?

Also, any educated guesses as to which platform Sling will create a mobile player for first? I would imagine it would be for Android since it has the larger user base.

Thanks!
    Jeff

Advertisement
  2. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One... VIP Member

Welcome!

3. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forums! :D

4. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember VIP Member

Welcome to the forums! :)