Hello!

Last Updated:

1. Scrodus

Scrodus Member This Topic's Starter

Hello new community! My name is Samir and I picked up an EVO about 2 weeks ago. Switching from the iPhone, I have to say I'm blown away at how much I love the Android platform. And it only gets better as I learn new things! I know it helps that I have a beast in the EVO ;). I'm not going to bash on the iPhone, as it was very good for what it was. That said, I can't get over how much I was missing out on with Android!

I look forward to digging in deep to better understand the platform, as well as helping to promote Android any chance I can.

I was concerned about finding a good starting point to learn and grow with my new love, but I think I picked the right group here. I've been lurking a bit, but so far it seems like the best android community out there. Glad to be here :D

Advertisement
  2. TheGoatLantern

TheGoatLantern Well-Known Member

Welcome Samir!!!

3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

glad ur here!

4. Kn1nJa

Kn1nJa Well-Known Member

From Detroit eh? I'm up in Newaygo county area. I was a lurker up until yesterday. The day I joined I installed 2.2 and then today I rooted my phone, overclocked it, and installed a custom ROM.

I know that all probably sounds like a bunch of techno-babble, but once you start reading around on here it becomes like second nature. The guys here that write guides are top notch (hey .... they helped ME root my phone after all), and there are plenty of people who can help you every step of the way.

5. Scrodus

Scrodus Member This Topic's Starter

Nice. Where exactly is the Newago county area?

And yeah, I'm hoping to find everything I need here. Not a newb with tech stuff in general, but definitely a newb with Android. One big downside to iPhone...nothing to learn and master unless you're developing for it. I got kinda "soft" over 2.5 years :(

6. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Welcome!