• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

mplevy

Android Expert
Nov 13, 2009
New York, USA
Popped in to say hi... Just signed up.

Picked up a Droid on Wed, been loving it so far. Just had my first real multi-task experience, helped my sister find and download a program, including finding links for her and copying them from the browser to my AIM app to send to her..

REALLY impressed with the capabilities of this phone and I've only scratched the surface (figuratively, THANK GOD).

Apps I've installed so far:
Astro
Taskiller
Amazon (for the whole site, not the MP3 one)
Open Sudoku
Digitheme chooser (for a different clock display)
Hi AIM
Key Ring (scan "membership" cards and it stores them and can generate a new barcode for scanning w/o the card)
Google Voice
Pandora, though I haven't created an account yet
OI Shopping list
SportsTap
Weatherbug
Shazam
NYC Subway map, though that might be removed and reinstalled when I actually GO to the city.
Barcode scanner

Yeah, I've done a bunch of Market browsing so far.

One question on the Market, how are for-pay apps billed? Is it billed to a Google Checkout account or to my wireless bill? All my apps so far have been free ones but that urge may hit me to BUY an app and support some awesome developers.

Popped in to say hi... Just signed up.

Picked up a Droid on Wed, been loving it so far. Just had my first real multi-task experience, helped my sister find and download a program, including finding links for her and copying them from the browser to my AIM app to send to her..

REALLY impressed with the capabilities of this phone and I've only scratched the surface (figuratively, THANK GOD).

Apps I've installed so far:
Astro
Taskiller
Amazon (for the whole site, not the MP3 one)
Open Sudoku
Digitheme chooser (for a different clock display)
Hi AIM
Key Ring (scan "membership" cards and it stores them and can generate a new barcode for scanning w/o the card)
Google Voice
Pandora, though I haven't created an account yet
OI Shopping list
SportsTap
Weatherbug
Shazam
NYC Subway map, though that might be removed and reinstalled when I actually GO to the city.
Barcode scanner

Yeah, I've done a bunch of Market browsing so far.

One question on the Market, how are for-pay apps billed? Is it billed to a Google Checkout account or to my wireless bill? All my apps so far have been free ones but that urge may hit me to BUY an app and support some awesome developers.

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

To a google Account for paid apps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones